STEP Geneva in cooperation with the Swiss Association of Trust Companies invites you to a
Trust Accounting and Auditing Seminar
FINMA considers accounting to be a core activity for trustees. By means of a practical case study to illustrate the points being covered, the seminar shall:
- Address whether and why trust accounting is necessary
- Consider whether it is a legal requirement to prepare trust accounts
- Consider why trust accounts and tax numbers are very often different
- Investigate what are appropriate accounting policies to use in trust accounts
- Address whether separate income and capital accounts are necessary in the financial statements
- Review the contents of trust accounts, using a practical case study as an example
- Consider audits of trusts: what does your auditor actually do in an “audit” and what are the different types of audits available to you as trustees?
Who will benefit from the Trust Accounting Seminar?
The seminar is for employees of trustees who wish to improve their understanding of trust accounts, and how to drive value from trust audits. The seminar will be held in English.
Andrew is a Chartered Accountant (ICAS) and a registered auditor in Switzerland. He is a TEP and is trustee on various UHNW family trusts. He also leads a portfolio of accounting mandates for other trustees.
He is a member of various other bodies, notably being Chair of the Swiss and Liechtenstein STEP Federation (2018-present), Treasurer and a committee member of STEP Geneva and the Swiss Association of Trust Companies, member of the STEP Worldwide Governance Committee, and is Vice-Chair of the Audit and Risk Commission of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. He is a regular publisher of articles and speaker at conferences, holds a MBA and in his spare time enjoys long-distance triathlons. He has been co-organisor of the STEP Switzerland and Liechtenstein Alpine Conference held annually in Interlaken since its inception.
Andrew is Senior Partner of Rawlinson & Hunter in Switzerland.
Fees: CHF 200 (SATC and STEP Member)
CHF 230 (Non-Member)
TO REGISTER PLEASE CLICK HERE